I went for a brisk hike in the woods this morning, and then spent some quality time with this really great stray dog that showed up here yesterday. She's an all white pitbull mix... so if you see any "lost" signs around here let me know. She's been with me most of the afternoon, napping on my porch.
I went to a traditional southern lunch with my fellow resident Crystal and her family and man was it good! There was so much food we couldn't possibly eat it all. Sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, fried chicken, ham with pineapple, coleslaw, cabbage salad, lima beans, green beans, fried okra, cauliflower, rice, dressing (what we northerners call stuffing), corn muffins, biscuits, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. I took this shot of the chandelier in the restaurant:

Then we all went to a flea market, where I saw a flag for sale that read:
Confederately Correct
Civil Rights for Southern Whites.
I really don't know what to do with that.
After lunch I did a lot of image editing, and reflecting upon what I've accomplished here so far and what I've been shooting here. I also thought about what else I want to shoot here, and I'd like to do some more interiors. I want to see if I feel a connection or resonance in spaces that are completely unfamiliar to me.

This is a view from a hillside in Dillard.
Tonight I'll probably edit more images and go to sleep early. Sleeping seems to be getting easier. I'm learning to block out all external sounds via ear plugs, electric fan, and immense willpower to not try to hear anything else.