Monday, June 15, 2009

Hambidge Residency, Day Seven

I woke up this morning and the stray dog was on my porch. Which leads me to believe that she stayed the night, and also that she's my new best friend. We went for a hike this morning on the Fisher and Foxfire trails and expanded into the Hambidge and Owens Trail South. Here are some pictures:





















It was a great hike, seeing these little details in nature and enjoying the company of my temporary pretend pet. And yes, we're trying to find her owners now.

Once back at my studio I did some writing, both my artist bio and artist statement. I've been writing a lot here, journaling my experiences, and the words flowed more easily than usual. I also finished updating my Artists Space profile with new images. Next is the uploading of images to my as-yet empty Flickr account. There has been a lot of time here to both make new work and reconsider older work or previous ideas that I haven't yet gotten to.

I also planned my funny one day road trip for Wednesday... which I will surely have much to say about then.

Tonight we residents cooked dinner for ourselves. It was an Indian style curry, chick pea and tomato dish, brown rice, and fruit and glazed donuts for dessert. So good, and such good company.