Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hambidge Residency, Day One

I have arrived at Hambidge for my two week artist residency after a very long and very tiring train ride from Philadelphia. (Note to self: 14.5 hour train rides not nearly as romantic as one may think. Also dining car food leaves much to be desired.)

Hambidge is in Northern Georgia, in the southern section of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is incredibly beautiful and peaceful here. I am very happy to have arrived. The first thing I did was take a nap. The second thing was hike around the grounds and photograph some of the studios.









My Studio, Mellinger.









Hambidge House.









The Ceramics Studio.









A new interior.


The food here is fantastic, thanks to Chef Rae. Tonight she cooked wild rice pilaf, spinach salad, vegetable bread pudding, peas and beans with bearnese sauce, fresh rolls, and homemade ice cream. Pretty delicious.

I am now so tired I may go pass out.