Saturday, April 18, 2009

Artist Residencies List

I have created a section on this blog for Artist Residencies. Residencies can be incredibly valuable for carving out the time and space to create work but also for networking with other artists and arts professionals. Many residencies will try to connect you with critics, curators, and writers by inviting them for studio visits.

Most of the residencies I've listed are open to all visual arts, but Lightwork and the Center for Photography at Woodstock are both only for photography.

Many residencies will not accept students currently enrolled in an academic program. Some won't even let you apply if you are a current student but will have graduated by the time the residency would begin. Those that I've found will accept current students include Hambidge, I-Park, Santa Fe Art Institute, and Three Walls.

Core is specific to MFA grads.

The list is long but by no means comprehensive. Another source to search is Res Artis, which includes international residencies.

Enjoy! And please email me if you know of any (or have participated in some) that I have not included.