
First, I have to acknowledge the long pause in postings. It was a hectic summer of adjusting to a new job and assisting on many, many weddings on the weekends. However, it's fall now! And there are lots of things going on.
I am very pleased to announce that I have a piece in a (very large) show opening Thursday November 1 at Art Gotham. From what I saw during installation yesterday, it's a massive show, with many artists, and will probably become something of a visual hunt-and-peck to pick my piece out. I do have the advantage of it being a photograph, which definitely stands out amidst a sea of paintings.
Of course it would be very cool if it were a solo show or just a bit more pared down, but I'm still psyched to have a Chelsea opening. I see it as a good start.
If you would like to check it out:
THE SQUARE FOOT SHOW
A community event in West Chelsea to benefit artists
November 1 - November 17, 2007
PLEASE JOIN US AT THE RECEPTION
Thursday, November 1 6pm – 8pm
Art Gotham
547 West 27th Street, between 10th and 11th Aves. Fifth Floor.
ART GOTHAM is pleased to present The fourth, semi-annual Square Foot
Show, a group exhibition to be held Thursday, November 1 until
Saturday, November 17th, 2007. Like the Salons in Paris of the late
1800's, this exhibit will present the latest work by hundreds of
artists of the present day to be judged by the general public.
The Square Foot Show is designed to be a community event to benefit
artists and to bring together art buyers and art enthusiasts with
artists to showcase the cutting edge of artistic expression.